Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Are you a safe driver?

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm full of feeling. I know how I feel at the exact moment I feel it. And I'm not usually afraid to say it. I believe life is too short to beat around the bush and too precious to be bottled up. I've come into contact with people who are obviously nothing like me. I do enjoy a variety in relationships with people, so of course I encounter those who do not wear their emotions on their sleeves. It gets to the point where I question if they feel anything at all. I know of people who use false intimacy as a way to keep people around, but only at arms length. They use just enough to keep others near but not nearly enough to keep others close. Why? What is there to fear?... feeling anything? Let's just say I'd rather be an emotional car crash than an illusioned "safe" driver. Because being safe doesn't necessarily mean never being hurt by someone else. Instead, you're doing the hurting to yourself.

Then again, I guess it's not my place to question...

No comments:

Post a Comment